Yes, today is my birthday. Proudly I will say it is my 38th. Satan would want me to say it was the worst birthday I've ever had.
Today I celebrated my 1st birthday without my Daddy. But God is in control and as Psalm 62 1&2 states "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
I was feeling sort of sad today in church because I was missing my dad. But God gave me this thought of my Daddy putting his arms around my Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw (his parents) and saying to them "That's my baby girl down there and today is her birthday!" I could see all three of them smiling and I smiled myself.
God has given me so much to thank Him for in the 38 years of my life but the greatest is my salvation. Although I miss those in Heaven who are waiting on me I'm so glad to say that I have the assurance that one day I will see them again. But most of all I will see Jesus Christ, My Saviour and King.
Looking for His plans,
Lisa
Great Loss
10 years ago





1 comment:
Happy Late Birthday my Friend!!
I am awed by the way you allowed the Lord to speak to you... and your faith blows me away. They may have even been wearing party hats... did you see that?? I can't imagine the parties that they throw up there.... We will see one day.
Have a great week,
Lynn
Post a Comment